Often we feel like grabbing a ready to eat snack which is healthy and satisfy our hunger pangs after a long day at work or post a good workout or any reason. We often grab things that are sold in the market without paying attention to the list of ingredients and end up putting in a heap of calories and loads of sugar in our system.So let me show you some quick, easy and healthy protein bar recipe.
There are even times when we crave for something sweet and can’t actually resist, we guzzle down whatever we find in our kitchens that is sweet and then regret later. Regretting won’t help us lose weight right!
Being a person who is fond of sweets and have a sweet tooth, I have come up with a recipe that will not only satiate your hunger pangs but will also satisfy your sweet cravings as well as supply your body with everything good. Good fats, good fiber, good cholesterol, antioxidants, high protein, complex carbs and what not!
You can prepare them in bulk, store them and relish on them whenever you feel like and it’s not even difficult to prepare. Even a beginner who has zero idea about cooking can make these.
You can even just mix and match the ingredients according to your taste preference and create a masterpiece of your own.
Here is the easy-tasty preparation method:
Peanut butter protein bars:
½-1 cup Protein Powder vanilla/chocolate. For more tasty and delicious flavors checkout ISO WHEY – by thespns.
½ cup unsweetened peanut butter
Honey/dates (for binding the ingredients together)
2 teaspoon Flaxseed
1 teaspoon chia seeds (any)
½ cup rolled oats
Coconut Oil/olive oil
½ teaspoon Cinnamon
Unsweetened chocolate chips
Method for preparation:
- In a baking pan place a parchment paper/Butter paper.
- If you’re using dates as a sweetener. 1st blend the dates in a blender, till a smooth paste is formed.
- Place the peanut butter, dates paste and coconut oil/olive oil in a medium heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over a saucepan of water and bring the water to a simmer over medium heat. Stir and heat until the mixture is smoothly combined. Remove the bowl from the saucepan and turn off the heat.
- Add the oats, protein powder, flaxseed, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt to the dates and peanut butter mixture. Stir to combine them completely.
- The mixture might seem very dry at first but will come together as you stir. It won’t be sticky but should hold together when pressed. The mixture should be cooled down completely and then chocolate chips should be added. Press evenly into the prepared pan and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Lift the bars from the pan using the parchment/butter and slice them. Slice into bars of desired size and enjoy.
- Store the rest in an air tight container for future use. It is the best on-the-go healthy snack.
So this way the method for making easy and healthy protein bar. Enjoy your tasty protein bar wherever and whenever you go.